Build a better place! World of Walas is looking for a Community Manager for our Dudoc Innovation Centre. Dudoc Vancouver is our local hub for sustainability and innovations. Our light industrial showroom is open to the public and features leading European innovations in sustainability, meeting and co-working space. We host events focused on environmental, social and financial sustainability, innovation and design, and work with an excellent and growing network of top innovators, thought leaders and organizations. As Community Manager, you will work in the centre of our local community, and be a primary Canadian contact for our European innovators, clients and partners.
- Responsible for Dudoc Vancouver operations including sales and contracts, team management, site management, reports, budget, marketing, and events
- Account management for key client accounts
- Work with the Dudoc team, other Dudoc Community Managers and Walas teams to develop our local, international, internal and partner communities.
- Partner with our international sales team to bring new European clients in to our Innovation and Dudoc communities.
- Facilitate our local communities to help them grow and connect in person and online
- Host visitors at the Dudoc Innovation Centre. Understand our client innovations and share their story.
- Work with our events manager to ensure our events schedule is full and relevant to our local community with events focused on environmental, social and financial sustainability, innovation and design
- Help and coordinate with additional client requests for products and services. This may include request coordination market research, partnership searches, proposal writing, sourcing requests, event planning and hosting, sales support and more.
- Identify and share stories that are important to our communities, locally and as part of our global brand.
- Work with the Board to define and deliver strategic, financial and operational results for Dudoc Vancouver.
- Engage in external conferences, meetings and networking events, and other key customer activities as appropriate.
- A demonstrated passion for communities, collaboration and sustainable innovations
- Business skills include sales, working with budgets, contracts, defining and implementing strategy, writing, team management
- A global world view, with an open mind for new ideas, innovations, and business models
- Strong communication skills, able to build communities and client relationships
- Knowledge of best practices in community development, environmental, social and/or financial sustainability, or driven to learn.
- Relevant experience in sustainability initiatives, entrepreneurship, innovations, build environment, and/or sales an asset
- Other languages an asset, especially Dutch, Italian or German
Dudoc Vancouver is a proud member of the World of Walas, and part of our BlueWorxx Innovations platform. World of Walas is a growing portfolio of companies focused on building sustainable communities through innovations, projects and policy development. World of Walas was founded by Gerben van Straaten after over 25 years of experience working with cities, business, academia and governments on large, complex developments. We offer a fundamentally different approach to development, with business models that are environmentally, socially and financially sustainable and have proven success in communities facing extraordinary challenges without government support. We are now 6 years old and growing fast. We own/operate almost 1,000,000 sq ft. and are tracking to double again this year.
Are you Walas? Apply directly to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume.